Mineola, New York
Asheville, North Carolina
Don't Freak Out with Allison Micco
Here’s my favorite gems from this week’s episode [Allison Micco] :
- Lisa’s journey from addiction to recovery
- How to stay sober despite work hard/play hard culture
- How writing helped her heal from addiction
- There’s more sober people than you realize (you’re not alone!)
- How sobriety helps you to show up as the best and most empowered version of yourself
- How to shift your focus to enjoying events rather than looking forward to drinking
- Your real friends will support and nurture your recovery
New York, NY
"The Alcohol & Addiction Podcast Episode #57"
Needy Helper with Lee Davey
In this episode we talk about Lisa’s views on alcoholism, I seek her advice on how people should manage their addictions if they are worried about the effect it will have on their career, and what she would do if she had 10,000 hours to work on anything in a bid to help more people recover.
"Addiction in the Legal Profession"
Cityscape with George Bodarky
A recent study found that lawyers struggle with substance abuse, particularly drinking, and with depression and anxiety more commonly than some other professionals. Our guest on this week’s Cityscape knows all too well about problem drinking in the legal profession. Lisa F. Smith was addicted to alcohol and drugs while working at prominent New York City law firms. Lisa has been sober for just over 12 years, and shares her story of addiction and recovery in her new memoir, Girl Walks Out of a Bar.
Aired on WFUV, 90.7 FM in New York City